Thursday 23 October 2014

Got my reg plate and first drive

So my reg documents arrived, on the day it arrived it was my sisters wedding, so I'd been drinking...so had to wait a day!

Put on the reg plate and headed somewhere local... My mums! The turbo / exhaust manifold was smoking a lot when I arrived but it hadn't had a proper run since fitting with oily hands and WD40 everywhere.

By the journey back, smoke wasn't as bad but it is only 6miles so don't know how long that takes to burn off so I'll keep an eye on it.

Being so low the car feels fast and very rock solid, the car was boosting fine, although being late and wet I only boosted to 4.5psi...so plenty to go! 10psi with current setup, once boost controller connected will be 14psi.

It then rained and showed up I will want some rubber to go on the top door hinge fitting to keep water out, so that will be easy enough.

Overall a good test run and I'll use this weekend to get some more test miles under the belt and ensure no niggles exist before going into the bodyshop!

No comments:

Post a Comment