At first I was trying to de-rust them then paint them with anti rust paint...didn't really work well. I then looked into buying new but those suspension bolts are expensive for what they are so would of needed up spending a lot of money.
Then my uncle came to save the day, he works in engineering so took them off to be blasted and plated.
Well they are like new! Easy to do up and loosen, look great and many more years of rust free use ahead. I gave all the suspension bolts, engine bolts and whatever else I got off the car that was rusted.
I would recommend anyone to get this done, it makes using the bolts a joy and no more muck when I come to do that final build, after all thats why I'm doing all this prep work now so the actual build is more like a giant mechano set!
Next I completed the suspension bushing, I had already done the front suspension but the rear wasn't completed due to a problem with the bush set I had (it appeared one bush was wrong) but I sorted that out and the new set came and all fitted, below is a photo of the front and rear suspension (opposite sides) powder coated and with the bushes fitted.
I finished tidying the garage for now and need to organise the car shell being removed. The next update will be when the engine comes back! (hopefully soon!!!)