Sunday 16 November 2014

continued work...

With not as much work to be done at the moment the updates haven't been as often but first of all I finished the arches and then set on sorting out a big area of the car for me, the spoiler...

It was always an area I felt had to be right to break the big slab like area of the rear up and I had found it hard to get right, I didn't want a big Fast & Furious stuck on spoiler so did a lot of research and had to trust my measurements and judgement when ordering.

So I found a wing called the F1 wing for the corvette C6. The problem was it appeared they weren't made any more or stocked anywhere. so I googled and found one for sale from corvette forum in 2013...it appeared not very popular in america as  spoilers go and the guy hadn't sold it. so i messaged him...and again...and again....and after enough pestering we got chatting and a sale was done. I want to thank him a lot and show that you can trust a random stranger over the internet.

It arrived and I was unsure whether to chop the ends off or leave them (you'll see below. I've decided on leaving them and I think the finish will be really good. opinions welcome on it or ideas if you think it could be improved.

On to the bodyshop!!...





1 comment:

  1. It loocks great, but I think it would look even bether if you trim the edges of the wing a bit, if you look frome the side the gap between wing and car is wedge shaped. I think it would look bether if the gap is the same and you get a feeling that the wing is "made for the car" and just not a random wing.

    ReplyDelete