Sunday 18 November 2012

MR2 fully Stripped

Managed to complete the goals for this weekend with mild weather to help me along.

* Remove the accelerator cable - that was a nice easy job with it just unclipping all the way under the car.

* Remove last loom - this caused me some issues, I had one loom from the front boot which included the lights - down the passanger side - into the engine compartment. For the life of me couldnt work out how to get it out the car so I posted on a UK MR2 forum...and bingo the one trim plastic I left on, I popped open and two 10mmm nuts holding the 2 seperate looms together was revealed! Thats all looms out the car now as well.

* Fuel Pump - dropped the fuel tank without jacking up the car at the front or anymore at the rear so was over the moon with that. Some quick tips on this. the coolant and aircon pipes are attached at 3 places along the car, the rer bracket, front bracket on fuel tank and finally at the front just as the pipes start heading upwards. Once all of them are undone just lever the pipes out the way and the tank will come free. another tip, pull the front end down to the floor first... then you can just go in the engine compartment and push / pull the back down without being crushed!


I'll now check with Diego at DDR about what little bits I have left on the car to confirm I dont need them! then the shell will be moved to outside and picked up and removed.

In the meantime the bracket adapters for the 4 pot calipers and to move the mr2 rear calipers further outwards arrived. Ive ordered the UK spec supra discs for the front and the rx8 front discs for the rear. so 323mm on both ends. I'll do a seperate blog post on how it all looks once I get the front hubs back and can do a mock up of the look.

Some pictures of how the MR2 now looks from front to back;





No comments:

Post a Comment