leaving me with....and at this point I had already done some cleaning of the balls.
I then put the CV joint back together using the youtube video guide before, took me less than a minute. At this point I'm still waiting to put the CV joint back together fully as I ordered the wrong CV boot.
So I set that aside and set about refurbishing the rest of the drive shaft including the drive shaft bearing bracket. So I always mask up any area I don't want painting on spray paint on. I then sand smooth and finally paint with rust converter which also works as a primer. I then spray the parts. the 2 parts of the drive shaft are now completed and waiting for the new boot to be put back together.
I've now started to clean up other parts I will need including the engine mounts. the amount of surface rust was high on this piece so I used a screw driver to get off the large flakes and then wire wool and meths to loosen and work off the rest as best I can. Again the part was then painted with rust converter and finally sprayed. I masked up the rubber as although it may not be black in colour paint will just flake off quickly. I'm not after a new finish but a protected and nice finish.
I need to tidy the garage and store parts I'm completing safer so they don't get damaged or chipped as well as my tools, so next stage is to find some cheap shelving nad have a good tidy first.