Tuesday 11 September 2012

First Wiring Loom tidy up

So yesterday and today I stripped out the loom, the one I removed was in the cabin. Now I won't wire in a sound system till after the IVA and also not with stock wiring. So I wanted to remove the wiring, all the wires in the below pic behind the seats were for audio or door shut sensors, other than 1.



2 hours later and alot of patience...



I was going to remove all the aircon wiring as well, but decided against it. Wiring isn't my area and I don't want to fiddle too much, all I've removed so far I know can't cause an issue in the running of the car. You can see how all the rear wiring has been removed, but also how the centre part at the front has become less cluttered due to the removal of the headunit plugs.

Reason for removal... Weight, it's the cheapest way to increase acceleration and also keep reliability.

No comments:

Post a Comment